Wednesday, June 3, 2015

More Sewing and Animals Without Limbs

I got a few downloadable patterns from Etsy the other day, my attention span is short and I get tired of working on one type of thing and move on to something else rather quickly. Then I'll get bored with the something else and go back to the original thing that I was working on. My quilt is still in progress but I got distracted by a cute pattern for a little coin purse/keychain pattern that I found. I actually got a few patterns for different types of coin purses, looking for easy to make ones of course. The first pattern I got was cute but a little complicated, with darts and some hand sewing involved. Don't much like hand sewing, so I won't be making any more of that one.

This pattern is super simple, just two sides and some batting or interfacing and all the sewing can be done on the machine. I found some fabric glue that works great for openings in things that you turn and topstitch but still have that open seam part. Just glue it shut with the fabric glue, which is even washable, so for things like coasters it works great.

Here are some coin purses out of the easy pattern, I'm going to put them in my Etsy shop and see if anyone is interested in them.







It's kind of fun choosing a coordinating but completely different fabric for the insides of the purses.

Millie has been having fun chewing up her toys. Here are her favorites:
Red dog with no ears and missing a back leg. This is how that came to be the other day while I was on the computer and she was being extra quiet.
This is green frog who has no front legs.
And pink pig is missing her ears.
What? I can't hear you!





No comments: