Tuesday, November 11, 2014

This Will Shock And Amaze You!

My laundry closet doors in the kitchen are finally back up!!!

It has been at least 3 years that the doors have been leaning against other things in the garage waiting to be painted and hung back up. Maybe even more like 4 or 5 years. The pantry closet doors got put back up after a year or so of staring into my messy food cupboard but the laundry closet doors did not for whatever reason. So we've had a lovely view of washer, dryer, junk sitting on washers and dryers, cleaning products on the shelves, etc. etc. etc. You get so used to seeing it that it just doesn't register anymore. Kind of like a hoarder's house where they get used to not being able to see the furniture for all the stuff piled on it. You just get used to it, but that doesn't mean that you like it.

I did not like seeing my washer and dryer and cleaning products every day.

Keith got the doors painted a week or so ago, then they stayed in the living room leaning against things after that, and then, finally FINALLY! he put them up on Sunday. It took a few beers and a lot of breaks and a whole lot of nagging on my part, but the doors are up! IT'S A MIRACLE PEOPLE!



That black blob in the front is Harri enjoying a repast. She likes to sit on the breakfast bar to eat where hopefully nobody will disturb her.

It's a little strange to see doors where no doors have been so long, but I'm loving that the kitchen is finally done even if it did take years and years and years to finish it.

A while back we were watching Good Morning America on one of Keith's morning off when we were having our coffee and waking up. I watch it on a frequent basis, not every day, but days when I don't have other things that need doing first thing in the morning, or if I do have things that need doing, he is sleeping and I don't want to make a lot of noise with vacuums and whatnot. Anyway, we were watching their segment on Deals and Steals, where they show you products that you can get a big discount on by using their only good for today codes. I had never seen anything that I couldn't live without on the show, but when they had a deal on a Hamilton Beach coffee pot/K cup duo coffee maker we both kind of went hey!

The coffee maker has a regular pot on one side and the K cup brewer thing on the other side and also comes with a little cup so that you can put your own coffee or whatever in the single cup side. It was regularly $99.00 and the special deal was for over 1/2 off at $45.00. Hey! I went to the GMA website and clicked on the deal where it took me to the Hamilton Beach website where I bought the coffee pot for the $45.00 with free shipping and a couple of weeks later, new coffeepot!

And I love it! The only drawback is that you have to fill the water dispenser with exactly much water for either a pot of coffee or a cup, you can't keep it filled like the regular Keurigs, but it works really well and the little K cups are so handy if incredibly expensive. Instant gratification when you just want one cup of coffee or tea.


No comments: