Thursday, July 31, 2014

Busy Busy Busy Week

First off, I got rid of the rest of that low carb bread that I bought. The extreme gas was just not worth it. Disgustingly extreme gas.

Second, it's been the busiest week that I've had in quite a while, I've been so busy that I haven't even gotten to watch Dr. Phil this week! I think most of the episodes were re-runs but still, I haven't gotten my daily take a break for an hour dose of messed up people and sage advice.

I've been making paper gift tags and postcards for my shop for the past year and a half or so and I'm really kind of amazed at how many people shop for and buy gift tags. The postcards were introduced a few months ago and they have been selling quite well also. I buy ready to print crafting images, print them out on photo paper and then glue them to a double thickness of cardstock paper, then punch holes and add ribbon ties. For the postcards I just enlarge the images and again print, glue, cut, etc. No holes and ribbons needed on the postcards of course. I used to only list things in my shop that I had made up and ready to ship but realized that people might want more than one set of a certain tag or postcard, so now have it to where they can buy as many sets as they want and I print, glue, cut etc. as needed.

Well, I needed to do a whole lot of printing, gluing and cutting this week! I usually get maybe 1 or 2 orders a day if that, but this week was pretty crazy with lots of orders coming in and some of them quite large ones at that. Now, I'm not complaining, I wish I'd get this many orders all the time, but dang, I'm getting kind of tired. Good tired, though.

As most everyone who reads this blog knows, we all went to Castaic on Sunday to celebrate Caitlin's birthday. Nice day, nice to see family that we don't get to see very often, and even though the drive is very boring, nice to get out of town for the day.

On the way home, Keith wanted to stop at the Pilot gas station right there in Castaic to use the restroom and get some coffee. Why he didn't use the restroom before we left John's house I don't know. We pull into the gas station/truck stop and everyone else in the world apparently had the same idea and everyone else in the world must have gone to Castaic for the day and were on their way home at the same time as us, because that place was crazy busy! Keith was able to use the restroom but gave up on the coffee after seeing the rest of the world in line to get coffee.

So, he decided to pull into McDonald's a little ways up the street and go through the drive through to get coffee and also food because now he is hungry, too. As we pull in we see a big tour bus in the parking lot which we should have known was a bad omen. We get into the drive through line, he finally decides what he wants, and then we sit there behind about 5 other cars. That aren't moving. We sit and we sit and start looking around for an escape route. Finally, a car moves and we all move up just enough to where you can get out of the line, which is what both us and the car in front of us did. McDonald's coffee might be good, but certainly not worth a twenty minute wait.

We get on the freeway and get the heck out of Castaic because we've just wasted about thirty minutes trying to get coffee and it's getting late and I'd really like to get home before midnight.

We did stop in Gorman where he got coffee and a giant hamburger, which I made him eat before we started driving again because that road is dangerous enough without trying to eat a big hamburger while driving and I couldn't take over because my night vision is so bad I can't see where I'm going. Another 15 minutes or so gone.

We did finally make it home despite all the delays, though, and I was really glad to get there because after sitting outside in John's backyard most of the afternoon, I was very very sweaty. It's almost as hot in Castaic as here in Bakersfield and it's been HOT here this past week.


No comments: