Friday, May 23, 2014

Sleep Serenity And Wild Windy Weather

We don't normally get much in the way of weather here, it seems like in winter it's cold and in summer it's hot and spring and fall are just kind of spring and fall, we hardly ever get any rain, the skies are usually blue, and we certainly don't have tornadoes or snow or any of that kind of stuff.

Yesterday, though, I was kind of wondering. The day was the usual sunny and warm with blue skies, and then in the late afternoon the wind started going crazy and we could see very gray skies off to the east along with a smell of rain. The wind was blowing so hard that I could taste dirt in my mouth. The roll up garage door was open because Keith was trying to work on some garage type stuff and I was going back into the house after looking at his garage type stuff or whatever I was doing and I felt like I was in Kansas trying to shut the storm cellar door against the advancing tornado.

The wind blew loud and strong for a good hour and since I didn't want my house full of blown in dirt, the windows and doors got shut and the air conditioner went on. I kept hoping for some rain but when I watched the weather report at 5, all of the rain was staying east of the 99 freeway. How odd for rain to fall on one side of town and not the other, right?

After a few hours, everything calmed down again and the rain (that never got to our house) and wind went off somewhere else.

Now, if you are having trouble falling asleep, I have to recommend the Febreeze Sleep Serenity bedding spray. I have used the room sleep spray before (in the lavender scent) which does help, but spraying your bed and under your pillow with the bedding spray is kind of like taking a sleeping pill, but no aftereffects or driving around in an Ambien zombie state.

I used the milk and honey scent last night and I think I only woke up once to go to the bathroom and then not again until 7am, which is late for me, usually being woken up by the sun between 6 and 6:30.

I also got some of their allergen reducing spray for the couch and beds but haven't tried that yet to see if we don't have as much sneezing and snot going on around here.

Speaking of beds, I washed my new coverlet the other day after Harri coughed up a hairball on it (in the middle of the night which did wake me up) and it was just gross how much cat hair was on that thing, cat hair that was in big clumps and all wet when I pulled it out of the washer to go into the dryer. I usually have 2 or 3 cats stretched out on it for hours at a time, so I'm really glad it is lightweight enough to fit in our washer and dryer. Otherwise I'd probably just throw it away when it got too nasty and go buy another one because I really am too lazy to go to the laundromat to use a big washer.

No comments: