Friday, May 16, 2014

Flip Flops

I bought myself a pair of $5.00 flip flops at Walmart the other day. I haven't worn flip flops in probably twenty years, but thought I would try some out to have something to wear around the house and out into the yard so that my feet are not perpetually dirty all summer long. I have my crocs that I wear constantly, but they are rubber and in the summer your feet sweat inside them despite the air holes in the toes and so then I go around with dirty and sweaty feet.

Well, I don't know if I'll be able to get used to these flip flops or not, I am reminded of the summers of my childhood when after a school year of feet in socks and tennis shoes you would get your new flip flops and start wearing them and have that blister between your big toe and the next until you got used to that rubber thong thing in between your toes and your blister healed up. Then as the summer wore on and your flip flops started to wear out, you would be running along and the rubber thong thing would come out of its hole and you would trip over your flapping flip flop and you would tear up the tip of your big toe on the pavement. I'm surprised our tender feet survived each year.

And, it is summer here already. I am not looking forward to the rest of it. We already had our first triple digit temperature day this week with I'm sure many many more to come.

No comments: