Friday, April 25, 2014

Ooh Bonus Post! And A Swiffer Sweep and Trap Review

Or...Don't Waste Your Money.

So, today was payday and I went to do some shopping and get the payday old people stuff that I needed like cat litter, metamucil, and Centrum Women's Over 50 vitamins. Oh, and some Cottonelle fresh wipes. Love those fresh wipes!

And, being in a cleaning mood today, and what the heck is up with that, I succumbed to the cute Swiffer ads on TV and got one of the Swiffer Sweep and Traps. It is supposed to sweep up stuff into a bin like a carpet sweeper and then the pad thing cleans up cat hair and such. Well, the pad thing does trap a lot of stuff but the sweeper part only gets really big stuff, like popcorn, it does not pick up the tiny pieces of cat litter that the cats track around the house and it does not get into corners. So, you have to get the broom out anyway and sweep out all the corners and then hope the stuff gets trapped in the Swiffer Sweep and Trap. Now, if I have to get the broom out anyway what is the point of using the Swiffer Sweep and Trap?

I should have just not spent that $20.00 on it.

It would probably work okay if you've just spilled a bunch of big stuff (like popcorn) on your hardwood floor, or for just a quick sweep of the same hardwood floors, but for really cleaning it just does not work very well.

Sorry, Swiffer, I do like your dusters a lot, though!


1 comment:

lynney62 said...

I wish I would get hit with a "cleaning mood".....ugh...my house needs a good spring cleaning! So glad I read your thoughts on the Swiffer thingy...I'd been thinking I might get one but now I'm not going to waste my $$......I do really like their dusters too!