Friday, April 25, 2014

Dirty Dirty People And Cat In The Trap

I woke up early this morning, before the sun even came up, and actually got in the mood to get this house cleaned up. Not that we are slobbier than the rest, but we do have 5 cats who constantly shed and constantly drag litter out of the box onto the floor, so the floors need cleaning every day, and things need dusting, toilet needs cleaning, etc.

So, feeling extra energetic, and knowing that if I don't get things done before 10 am they probably won't ever get done today since something else will distract me, I've been cleaning for the past hour.

I cannot wait until we have enough money saved for new flooring, carpeting or vinyl that looks like wood, or whatever. Our carpet is done. No matter how much vacuuming I do or how much shampooing, our carpet is done. Especially the carpet in the master bedroom, it is the original carpet from when the house was built 15 or 20 years ago. It's icky.

Now, I think I've mentioned the bad bad black and white cat that runs the neighborhood tearing up other cats, eating other cats food, coming right up to our door and looking in the house, catching birds at our bird feeder and leaving their feathers and heads (the inedible parts) laying in the backyard, and in general being a very bad bad bad stray cat and he needs to go!

So, the other early early morning Keith got woken up by bad cat being in the back yard and got up and set up the trap in the hopes of catching him and taking him to the pound where he would be swiftly dispatched to the big litter box in the sky. He went back to bed and a few hours later I got up to feed everyone. I took Genie's food outside where she is usually turning in circles in anticipation of breakfast, and no Genie. You guessed it, Miss Not So Smart was in the trap. Meow! Meow!

I couldn't remember how to open the trap and I'm outside in my nightshirt so knocked on the bedroom window to wake Keith up to come out and free her. I told him not to set up the trap in the backyard but rather the front next time because Genie is just not that intelligent and would probably get caught in the trap again and again.

Needless to say we did not catch bad bad black and white cat and he is still running the neighborhood.

No comments: