Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Couple of Miracles

First off, it actually did rain here in Bakersfield. Not a whole lot, mostly just sprinkles but we did get one good downpour that lasted for about 30 minutes. Thanks, praying Christians!

The rain was not enough to ease any drought worries, but we'll take whatever we can get I suppose.

Our neighbor behind us has a couple of chickens in a pen in her backyard. During the rain they were running around their pen like, well, chickens with their heads cut off, and the clucking got louder and louder, CLUCK cluck cluck CLUCK cluck cluck, because I guess they thought THE SKY IS FALLING!

Also, Keith actually started AND FINISHED a project! Not a project that has been waiting to be finished for years now, like my doors for my laundry closet which I'm beginning to think will never get done, but a backyard project that came out a lot nicer than I thought it would. He had put his saws and such out in the driveway and was sawing and carrying wood around and I asked him what he was doing, and he was going to use up some pieces of lattice and make a fence thing around one of our planter boxes. Well, okay, as long as it keeps you out of  trouble. I thought he was just going to nail some lattice to some boards, but he ended up with quite a nice looking little fence thing, not that we really needed a little fence thing there, but I like it enough to have suggested a few more places in the backyard where he could put more little fence things.



See those poppy type flowers? Keith bought them months ago and they sat in their little pots in the flower bed until I finally made him plant them. They had started growing their roots out of the little holes in the pots into the ground in the meantime. Yes, he is a procrastinator in the worst way.

Our flowers are all starting to bloom in our little flower bed against the house, as are the flowers on the vine thing by the shed.


I wasn't going to buy any more plants this year, but seeing the flowers popping out kind of makes me want to plant more.




No comments: