Friday, August 9, 2013

A Fungus Among Us

Okay, mushrooms creep me out and I can't get my head around the first person to actually think they looked good enough to eat and tried one out. Although I suppose if you are hungry enough you will try anything.

I always thought mushrooms grew in kind of damp shady places so why we have huge mushrooms growing in our yard I don't know. Because our yard is baked in the sun all day and is definitely not shady. Maybe a little damp because we water it a lot, but definitely not shady.



It's kind of hard to tell how big these are, but let's just say that the second one is about the size of a softball and almost as round.

Then we have the monster mushrooms. I almost had nightmares about them last night.


For size comparison, here is Lucy sitting on the bricks. And my foot next to these monsters.


Ick!

No comments: