Saturday, June 8, 2013

Early To Bed

And early to rise. Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise? No, it doesn't work, we may be sort of healthy, but we certainly aren't wealthy and maybe not so wise, either, but I have been rising early for quite a while now, the older I get the more my body clock seems to want me to wake up early despite whatever time I finally fall asleep at night. Last night it must have all caught up with me because I ended up going to bed at 9:30. I was trying to watch Dateline and wanted to see who did the murder but I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. So, off to bed and then up at 5:30 to feed hungry hungry kitties.

I've been leaving my door open at night for a few days and for the most part the cats have been very good at not bothering me, good that is until their little body clocks say IT'S TIME TO EAT! and they start prowling about looking for someone to wake up and FEED US ALREADY!

In good news, if everything goes right and he passes all the rules tests and all the training, Keith is going to be a railroad conductor for BNSF. He has been wanting this job for years and finally got it! He passed the background checks and the medical exams and will start on Monday June 17th, the day after his birthday and how good is that timing? Happy Birthday, indeed! He is off this morning to start getting new work pants and shirts, all of the work pants and shirts he has now being totally ruined by oilfield dirt and oil.

Today we are going to take it kind of easy, I did a big house clean yesterday and mowed the lawn, so there aren't really any chores that need to be done. It's supposed to get really really really hot here today, records are supposed to be broken, so we will turn on the outdoor misters to help keep the outdoor cats cool, shut the blinds inside to help keep the house cool, turn on all the fans inside, and crank up that air conditioning and try not to sweat too much.

No comments: