Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sitting on Things (again)

I fixed the ugly slipcover thing yesterday. I really really disliked my bargain doesn't fit the couch right slipcover and every time I walked into the living room and saw it my dislike grew. So, I pulled it off yesterday and got one of our bargain quilts and put that on the couch instead to see how it looked. Our bargain quilts from Walmart, made by Better Homes and Gardens that only cost $25.00. And, it looked good on the couch. Now, the bargain quilts have been in use all winter, being on the beds where cats lay all day, and I'm too lazy to take them to the laundromat to wash them, so they are a little funky. I went back to Walmart to see what other bargain quilts they had and found one in more suitable living room colors that also looks good on the couch. I was going to get some new throw pillows, but didn't like any of the small selection that Walmart had, and then I saw a display of pillow covers and went, hey!

I got three pillow covers in colors to coordinate with the quilt, and came home and redecorated my couch. I like it much better and don't cringe and look away from the couch when walking into the living room now.



And, in other sitting news, Mimi the Sit Upon Cat struck again. Sitting upon a magazine that was on the counter this time.




2 comments:

DancingMooney said...

Hmm, I hadn't even though to throw a quilt over the couch, what a great idea! Thanks! :)

PussDaddy said...

Long time no see, geelizzie. I get those quilts when they put them on the clearance aisle.

PD