Sunday, November 4, 2012

That Extra Hour?

Every fall when the time changes back to real time, we are always told we get an extra hour of sleep to make up for the hour we lost in the spring. Only it doesn't quite work that way in this house. I still wake up at 6:30 no matter what time I go to bed, but now it is 5:30. I know as the weeks go on I will gradually adjust and not wake up at 5:30 every day, but dammit I want my extra hour!

It must be a getting older thing, I can't stay up long enough to watch Saturday Night Live any more, I just get too sleepy, and sleeping in late on a Sunday morning has long been a thing of the past. Now, if I had to get up to an alarm each morning I'm sure things would be different and I wouldn't wake up at 6:30 ready to go, I'd be all depressed that I was jarred awake by an irritating alarm and want to go back to sleep.

But, it was nice to see the sun a little earlier this morning instead of it being dark until 7am. However, the sun going down at 5 tonight won't be so nice.

In other non daylight savings time news, our lesbian animal hoarding neighbor has been moving out all week, and I can't believe that one person could have so much junk crammed into their house. Junk that they are taking to the new house along with some of the animals. Apparently animal hoarders also hoard non living things.

 She took the big black backyard barking dog to the new house where he promptly dug under the chain link fence and ran off. Her cats are still here, wandering about hoping someone will feed them. The three mostly grown now wild kittens that were born in her garage months and months ago because she always left the door up for her cats are also wandering about wondering where their food is. Keith asked her about the kittens and she has no plan to deal with them because she is just 'too busy' so they will be left here for us to trap and take to the pound I'm guessing.

But it is really nice not to have that dog barking all day.  I'm glad to see her go but am wondering who will be next to move in.

2 comments:

Heather on Meerkat said...

Still sad about that dog... it just wanted attention. We should have grabbed it when we were at your house and brought it down here - I know one of my co-workers would have given it a loving home and the attention it needed. And a place in the shade without piles of it's poop and flys...

Mom said...

Funny, but I don't remember you being an early bird (I definitely never was!)