Friday, July 27, 2012

Still Boring But Mimi is Cute

It's been kind of an odd week, I just can't get inspired to do much of anything and even my calendar schedule of events (chores) hasn't helped all that much. I just don't feel like vacuuming another floor right now. But, after I'm done typing here I will get my big you know what in gear and get something done today.

I spent too much time this week working on my shop, changing around titles and freshening things up a bit. Sales have been rather slow which in turn drains me of some of my enthusiasm for making more things. But, I do have some new old books that I've been cutting up for pins and some plans for holiday type pins that did well last year.

I've decided to close down the charm shop after realizing that I have spent way too much money ordering charms and way too much time painting them and then having them not sell. I just don't enjoy doing it anymore and almost dread someone asking about getting charms in certain colors because that means I usually have to order more when I don't really have the money to do that, and then I have to go paint them. And I'm just not having fun painting them. I went through my books and realized that the actual profit that I've made in that shop so far this year has been so incredibly low for the amount of money I've spent to keep the shop going that it is just WAY not worth it.

I don't think I'd ever close the Mimi and Lucy shop, though, I'd go crazy if I didn't have a creative outlet. Plus there is that workbench and workroom that I don't want to go to waste.

I've thought about doing some sewing again but that would mean a new sewing machine since my old one was a piece of junk from Walmart and I finally threw it away. They just don't make sewing machines like they used to, the big metal ones that just sewed a straight seam and worked for decades without any problems. I think the new plastic machines just have too many moving parts that tend to clog and break and frustrate. I don't think I'd try sewing anything to sell because I'm really not the best seamstress in the world and Etsy is full of real professional seamstresses and my stuff would look like 7th grade sewing class projects in comparison. But, it might be fun to sew a quilt or some simple clothes or something. We'll see.

Here is Mimi being cute. She has been 'catching' things out of my trash can again, pulling out pieces of scrap papers and then meowing and meowing as she brings me her catch and then drops it on the floor and goes away. She is still sitting on things, too. The kitchen towel was perfectly folded on the counter to just the right size for a kitty sit.




And then the last picture is one where she was sleeping so cutely and then woke up as I was trying to take her picture.


No comments: