Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cockroaches and Dancing Carrots

First off, we do not have a kitchen full of cockroaches (gross!) but here in Bakersfield there are outdoor cockroaches that like to live in dark parts of the yards and sometimes get into the garage from under the door. Where our cats find them and like to play with them (gross!).

I hadn't thought much about cockroaches lately, but the other night I'm sitting on the couch reading or watching TV or something and Keith is in bed because he has to get up early to go to work, and he has left his shoes (like always) laying in the middle of the living room floor. I notice three cats standing around his shoes, looking down into one of the shoes and cocking their heads like cats do when they are curious or a little perplexed. So, I think they have dropped one of their toys down inside a shoe, something they really enjoy doing for some reason and I don't know how many times I've gone to put my shoes on and had to remove a jingle ball or toy mouse first.

I look to see what they are looking at and it is not a jingle ball or furry mouse but a live cockroach. Ack!

Then yesterday I find a cockroach by the front door with most of its legs missing. Fortunately it was not in a shoe, but we had to pick up the cockroach and the legs and then this morning I'm on my way outside to feed Genie and here is another cockroach in the middle of the floor in the living room. Dead, fortunately.

So, somebody is going out into the garage and hunting down cockroaches to play with and then bringing their prize into the house for all of us to enjoy.

Ack!

And now for the dancing carrots.


No comments: