Monday, April 30, 2012

What We Did Last Weekend

The weekends do go by so very fast, don't they? And once again, it's Monday morning and once again I'm so thankful that I don't have to leave the house to go to work but can work all day in my pajamas if I want to. I do eventually put some real clothes on, though.

I did a bunch of errand running and shopping and paying bills and getting food for both humans and cats this weekend. Keith was supposed to be working on the kitchen. He did finally get the doors to the pantry sort of finished and hung, not without a few moments of extreme frustration, like the primer that was so old the bottom of the can had holes in it and the handles to the doors that the screws wouldn't go into right and he had to find better screws. And he hates painting things but if I went out and tried to paint the doors for him he would be all picky about the job that I was doing so I just let him paint. And it took all day to get two skinny pantry doors painted.

It's very strange to have to open a door to get into the pantry now. I think it's been about 2 years that we haven't had doors there.

I'm going to be getting invitations to the barbecue out this week, so for those of you who are on the invite list, check your mail later this week. Saturday May 19th at 11 am with lunch served between 12 and 1. I am hoping the weather won't be too hot but we are going to get misters for the yard to help keep things cool. I had suggested them a while back but Keith kind of looked at me like what? And then yesterday he says hey, I saw some mister kits at Home Depot! At first I'm like what is a mister kit, thinking it was something like Mister Coffee and then it clicked in my head what he was talking about and I asked him if he noticed the price and they are not very expensive at all, and then I reminded him that I had suggested getting them a long time ago.

So...we might have misters for the barbecue. And there should be cupcakes involved somewhere in there, too. Cupcakes!

No comments: