Monday, February 20, 2012

Tired. Again.

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. Then I woke up too early this morning. Or rather was woken up too early by cooking smells from the kitchen and the sound of the radio. This house is so small that if someone cooks bacon you think there is a plate of it on your nightstand. It's really kind of gross first thing in the morning.

I had a hard time getting to sleep because I was cold and a little annoyed with Keith. And the annoyance has carried over to today because of those cooking smells and being woken up too early.

We were sitting on the couch last night with Pepper in between us. Now, rule number one with Pepper is DO NOT PICK HER UP! Rule number two with Pepper is SEE RULE NUMBER ONE!

So, what does Keith do, and this is something that he never ever does because he really isn't all that fond of Pepper because she is so cranky, but pick her up and try to put her on his lap. And not just pick her up to put on his lap, but pick her up and attempt to turn her around before putting her in his lap. And she wasn't having any of it and starts to scratch and flail around and snarl and he has her up in the air trying to turn her around and has to toss her onto the floor because of the scratching and flailing and snarling. And then he gets mad at her because she has scratched him. And I'm mad at him for getting mad at her when HE KNOWS THAT SHE HATES TO BE PICKED UP AND WILL START TO SCRATCH AND FLAIL AROUND AND SNARL IF YOU PICK HER UP!

So, he is all mad at Pepper and talking about making her live outside because she just can't get along inside and I'm all if you hadn't picked her up when you know she doesn't like to be picked up then there wouldn't have been a problem and you wouldn't have gotten scratched. And she was getting along just fine until YOU PICKED HER UP!

So.

I'm also tired of being cold and really ready for some warmer weather. On Friday I had the heater going but for some reason my feet and hands were just freezing (poor circulation maybe or just that getting old thing where your feet and hands are always cold?) and I had to put gloves on my hands. Inside the house. And the gloves smelled funny because they had been sitting in my drawer and had that funky sitting inside a drawer in a wooden dresser smell. So, my hands were warmer but all I could smell was funky drawer.

1 comment:

DancingMooney said...

hope your week gets better. ;)