Monday, October 24, 2011

We Fix Flats

So, my new bike tires which are a pleasure to ride on? The front one is FLAT! What the hell? They are supposed to be never go flat new bike tires but I'm thinking maybe Keith put it on wrong or put the fancy valve adapter on wrong or something but I'll never say that to his face. I think he should just put the old inner tubes that never went flat in the well over ten years that I've had this bike and never changed the tires back into the tires and screw the fancy new never go flat but they did inner tubes.

I was looking forward to a bike ride this morning but that's not going to happen today.

I was looking forward to a bike ride because our weather has been incredibly pleasant this past week despite the calender saying that it's almost November. We actually turned on the a/c yesterday afternoon to cool the house down, it was getting downright hot in here. The one thing that is nice about the central valley is the springs and falls are definitely never need a jacket kind of weather, even late at night.

I accidentally shot Dusty last night with the nerf gun and scared the heck out of him. It was dark and I thought the gate to the back yard was shut and I see this siamese cat running towards me and I thought it was Bandit from next door and so I shot him. And then I felt terrible and will definitely not be so trigger happy in the future.

Keith was the laziest ever this weekend, he was supposed to be working on Lucy's winter house and got as far as opening up the garage and bringing out the saw. Where it sat on the driveway for a while. I, on the other hand, did grocery shopping, laundry, floor mopping, vacuuming, cat box cleaning, and lots and lots of work on things for the shop. This is the best month yet for the Mimi and Lucy shop so I'm stocking up for the holidays and hoping it keeps up! Now if we could only figure out how to stop spending our money as fast as we make it. It seems like we just spend, spend, spend. This weekend after all the bike tire spending, it was groceries and cat food and gas and there went another $200 or so dollars. And it's not like we are even spending it all on something fun like vacations and fast cars, it's just daily living seems to be SO EXPENSIVE!

1 comment:

DancingMooney said...

Oh man I hear ya about the spending! I had a couple nice wholesale orders come through recently which was nice, but it's like the money is already gone. gah! Glad your shop is picking up too, yay!