Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What We Did This Weekend

Holiday weekends always confuse me and I always think the Monday is the Sunday and then I never know what day it is for the rest of the week.

We didn't do anything fun like some people do on holiday weekends, like going camping or on a road trip or having a barbecue or anything like that. We are so boring and didn't have any money to go on a road trip and don't have any camping equipment and it was way too hot to go camping around here anyway.

But, Keith did get one project done this weekend. My bench for my plants for outside the bedroom window.

Please disregard the rest of the backyard. It is very messy with wood stacked up for the patio project and weeds and other odds and ends.


And a cat sitting on the stacked up wood.


See how dark the one half of the window is? That's the new screens that Keith put in last summer, they really help cut the sun and so far the cats haven't been able to tear them up.

Here is the outside view and the bench made totally out of wood that has been laying in the side of the yard for the last eight years.


I think he did a pretty good job. And I'm still kind of surprised that he actually finished it.

And what did I do this weekend? Shampooed all the carpets and did the usual cleaning stuff and worked on new things for the shop and did some grocery shopping and laundry and stuff like that. SO EXCITING!

No comments: