Sunday, September 4, 2011

Styling


I've never been one of those people who can throw together an outfit, complete with scarves or a great jacket or other accessories, rather one of those people who really tries but somehow just never quite pulls it off. I don't like to wear a lot of clothes, I get too hot and uncomfortable in the layered look, and while I really like unusual jewelry, necklaces and bracelets kind of annoy me hanging off of me the way they do.

Anyway, about my style or lack of. Now that I'm not working in an office, my clothing tends to be whatever is most comfortable and cheap and usually old and yeah, kind of frumpy these days. Jeans, capris, and a t-shirt is my basic wardrobe. I have been wearing the same 5 or 6 tees for the past 6 months or so and I realized that they are all nasty with sweat stained armpits and I feel gross just putting them on because they ARE gross and it's time for new shirts. So, I found some over at Kohls that were on sale for $6.40 each, regularly $16.00, and then I also got some from Michaels in the section where they sell t-shirts for decorating on sale for $2.50 each. The Michaels tees are the generic asexual ones that are very very basic, but they will work for wearing around the house and they come in lots of colors. So, now I've got some new plain solid color tees and would really like to dress them up a bit. Necklaces? Nah, they are fun but like I said, get on my nerves and if they are very long have a tendency to catch on things when you stand up from a desk or table and you run the risk of it snapping your neck, so... I remembered that I have some really cute pins hiding away in my mostly empty jewelry box, so how about if I develop some style and wear a pin on my t-shirts?

And, how about some new pins from Etsy? As soon as I make some more money so I can pay for them of course.

I did some browsing and came across this shop from Australia and I love everything in the shop. The shop is called What Frank Said (love the name) and has really unique one of a kind mixed media pins and pendants, many made with zipper teeth.

My favorite is this one

It's called the Oh Dear Deer brooch.



and the A is for Apple brooch is another favorite:


She has another shop with some even more amazing zipper art here:

Like this pendant:


Anyway, go take a look, everything in both shops is absolutely gorgeous and I will be wearing one very soon!


No comments: