Friday, July 29, 2011

Go Speed Racer

Or: Frivolous Purchase of the Year!




We were discussing buying bigger bags of cat food because they are more economical and Keith suggested going over to Tractor Supply and I'm like 'oh, yeah, I forget that they have a good pet department over there' so we go check it out and find cat food at a great price and also a place to get the cat litter that we like in bigger (more economical) bags. But that is beside the point. As we are walking into Tractor Supply, out front is an adult size pedal go kart. Awesome! How fun would that be to ride around on an adult big wheel!

So, we buy the cat food and head off to go get something to eat because we are starving and don't feel like cooking another boring dinner, and I'm thinking about the go kart the whole time and should we really buy something so unnecessary? But fun?

Yes, we should.

And we did.



Hopefully riding around on this thing will help get rid of the spare tire around my mid section.


This thing is heavy, being made out of steel, and is actually intended for riding around the farm and comes with a trailer hitch so that you can pull around bales of hay or whatever for your farm animals. It's way different than riding a bike, with different muscles being used, and is a lot slower riding than a bike. It's not something I would ride out on real streets, so it will be for just around the neighborhood where it's all nice and flat, because there is no way you could ride up a hill on this thing.

Yesterday morning I took a cruise around and got quite a workout. It really does need a cup holder, though.

2 comments:

PussDaddy said...

It's cute. I don't think I'd want to pedal it around a farm though.

PD

DancingMooney said...

Oh my gosh, that thing is awesome! Hope you have lots of fun with it, Kevin wants us to get bikes, but I feel like there is just too much traffic where we live... maybe someday. ♥ And, this is the first time I've seen a picture of you, and Elizabeth, you are so cute! Look at you in your cute pink shirt and crocks, It's nice to get to put a face to a name! :D