Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Crustless Quiche


This would probably be even better with a CRUST but when you are doing the low carb thing you can't have crust, so...

This is a tasty, cheap, and easy dinner or breakfast or lunch or whatever. Even though we did have to buy a quiche pan the first time I tried out this recipe, but I found one over at World Market for about $5.00.

Here's the recipe. We had some carrots alongside this last night, but I'm sure you creative folks out there could think of other side dishes. Maybe fruit salad or green salad.

6 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup grated cheese (swiss, cheddar, whatever)- the first time I made this I used cheddar, last night I used monterey jack and I like the jack cheese in this better.

Now, if you want to add diced ham or chopped up bacon to this, you need about 1/2 cup.

Preheat oven to 350. Butter the quiche pan.
Beat the eggs in a bowl with the cream and salt and pepper.
Add the cheese and any bacon or ham, mix well, pour into the buttered quiche pan.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Serve hot, warm, or at room temp.

I'm not sure what we are having for dinner tonight but whatever it is will be made out of things we already have on hand. We've got chicken breasts and canned beans so I'm thinking it will be grilled (or baked or whatever) chicken breasts and canned beans. No money will change hands at the grocery store today.

No comments: