Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What's For Dinner?

Never mind what's for dinner today, what's for lunch? I'm already STARVING! Well, not starving because I'm sure my body could live off its stored fat for at least a few months, but I'm having a hungry day today. Probably because we ate pizza for dinner (but we did have a salad with it) last night and my carb starved stomach went OH YEAH! PIZZA! and now wants more. So, no carbs today, but I am going to eat a package of Kraft 100 calorie cheese bites. You do have to stop at only one of the little packets though, you can't eat the whole bag of little packets all at once. Even if you really want to because you are just so damn hungry today.

I had originally bought the frozen DiGiorno pizza for super bowl Sunday because it was only $4.00 and I really like pizza even though I'm not supposed to eat it, but after the frozen fried chicken during the game and Keith eating chips and crap all afternoon we didn't have dinner that night. So, since I didn't feel like cooking the chicken that I had thawed out- no surprise there, I never feel like cooking- we had the pizza last night. But with a salad.

I was wandering around the grocery store yesterday, something I seem to do a lot of these days because I'm bored and I'm hungry and I get my exercise by riding the bike to the store and I keep hoping that they will have some new wondrous low carb delicious something to eat and I usually need something anyway, something that I forgot to get during the big weekly trip to the store. So, I'm looking at the meat case which is really kind of disgusting anyway and what do I see but a package of Cow Feet. What the hell? Who eats cow feet and how gross does that sound? What's for dinner honey? Cow Feet. Yum. And that's exactly what the label on the package said, too. Cow Feet.

Now, I've heard of pickled pigs feet and have actually seen pickled pigs feet and why anyone would eat that I don't know, but for some reason Cow Feet sounds even worse than pig feet.

No, we are not having Cow Feet for dinner. Ever. Even if I were starving. Which I am. The cheese bites have been inhaled and I am still hungry.

2 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Cow feet and cow heads are really popular in Mexico. Chicken feet too. Yum, yum.

PussDaddy said...

That is just so gross.

PD