Saturday, January 29, 2011

Too Early

Well, after sleeping too late yesterday, now I'm up way too early today. Keith's alarm went of at 4 because he is going in to work today to help unload a coal train, and the alarm woke me up, then as I was almost back to sleep, he made some other noises that woke me up again and I just couldn't get back to sleeping again. So, after tossing and turning for 20 minutes, I figured I might as well get up and get something done today.

Keith liked the idea of getting a motel room in Fresno the night before his meeting with BNSF so that he's not all tired from the drive and trying to take a test and all, so we found a motel close to the big huge expensive one where the meeting will be, saving about $40.00 over the big huge expensive one's room rates. He'll just go straight from work on Wednesday since he'll already be 30 miles up the road. Not much sense in coming home first and then turning around and retracing his route to get to Fresno. So I'll get a night off from cooking dinner!

There are only 2 openings for this job so chances are slim of getting it and I'm pretty sure his age will be a factor even though it's illegal to discriminate against us old people, but discriminate they do and if you can't prove that's why you didn't get a job then the law doesn't make much difference. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

I was watching TV and reading last night and kept hearing crinkly rattling sounds and here is Buddy with a tail-less toy mouse tossing it around and jumping in and out of his pop up cube. None of the cats play as much since they are all so mature now so it's fun to see one of them actually playing with one of the many many cat toys laying around this house.

Now, time to go clean cat boxes and maybe do some of the house cleaning that I didn't do yesterday.

3 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Isn't he younger than me?

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Not the cat with the tail-less mouse, the husband. He's not old.

Elizabeth said...

No, Heather, he is 52 and will be 53 this year.