Saturday, January 16, 2010

Stray Cat Strut

Well, little old Bandit is on his way to his new home at the spca. He was not happy, not happy at all about being put into a box for his ride. Not happy. At all.

We put the trap out with some yummy expensive canned food in there in the hopes of catching one of the other strays out here, but they were all like oh, HELLS, no, we know what you are up to!

So, we are not going to feed any of them anymore, no matter how much meowing and sad eyes and pitiful little upturned hungry faces we see. I've learned my lesson. DO NOT FEED STRAY CATS! EVER AGAIN! It'll be heartbreaking for me until they learn that the gravy train has left the station, so maybe I just won't go outside anymore so that I can't see or hear them.

And, for the coming week we are promised rain. Every day. It'll be like the great flood and we'll probably start building an ark here real soon because I don't think there has ever been a forecast for an entire week of rain in the whole recorded weather history of central California.

But, of course, I will believe it when I see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's hard, but true... don't feed the strays.