Saturday, May 9, 2009

Garage Sale Mania

The people in this town really love a garage sale. People's old junk and clothes thrown on a blanket on the lawn? Dig right in!

Last weekend our neighbors on the left had a moving sale and unloaded lots of baby things and a really nice dining room set. Today our neighbors on the right had a get rid of all this junk sale and unloaded lots of, well, junk. We went over to check things out and found a brand new keyboard and mouse, 10.00 and 5.00 respectively, but ended up getting them FOR FREE because we are such good neighbors.

Keith brought some of his junk out of the garage and sold about 25.00 worth of, well, junk, so I got to thinking after seeing all the traffic coming down the street for the garage sale, that maybe we should hold one of our very own.

So, this week I'm going to go through some of the inside the house junk and see what kind of crap we can make a few bucks off of. I also have a lot of jewelry that's been on sale in my etsy shop that I'll sell at rock bottom prices. Sounds like a plan, yes?

And here is my best idea yet. We are going to fill up a tub with ice and sell bottled water for $1.00 each! Good idea? I think so. We were also thinking about charging people $1.00 to use the bathroom after they drink their bottled water. And how about cookies or muffins (bought in bulk at Smart and Final of course, no baking crap for me)?

But, wait, Keith had an idea that was even better than the bottled water. Around the back of the house we could have ice cold BEER!

Well, maybe not the beer, but I'm kind of excited about our garage sale plans, and will hopefully make a few bucks while getting rid of lots of stuff!

No comments: