Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Random Stuff

I finally arranged for my gum surgery which I was supposed to have early this year, but with Keith changing jobs last December we had no dental insurance for a while and then it took months to get our new cards. I had my every 3 month periodontal cleaning yesterday morning and they said 'yes, we still recommend the surgery', so I stopped by the surgery dentist (which I had of course been putting off and putting off) and gave them my new card and made the appointment. They said they would call me later and let me know what the insurance would cover.

Well, the insurance will cover $1500.00 out of almost $8000.00 worth of surgery, so we found out that I qualify for the 'platinum' payment plan, with a credit line of $10,500 and either 12 payments at no interest of $326.00 or 24 payments at 12% interest of $186.00. The $186.00 sounds a little more affordable and I don't really care about whether or not I pay interest, so for the next 2 years I will be paying $186.00 a month for the privilege of having my gums opened up by laser, cleaned out and some fake bone put in, and then sewn back up again. Can't wait.

On the medical form that the dentist gives you to fill out is one question that got me wondering.

Do you have to urinate (pass water) more than six (6) times a day?

First, do some people really not know what 'urinate' means and second do some people really urinate (pass water) LESS than six (6) times a day? I urinate (pass water) at LEAST six (6) times a day-usually before it's even lunch time!

I got a new bike seat the other day. It looks almost like a tractor seat-no thing that sticks out in the middle, whatever that part of a bike seat is called, but a lot smaller and is supposed to be more comfortable. Well, it's going right back to Target, I tried it out last night and every time you pedal it feels like you are sliding closer and closer to the front edge of the seat where eventually you will slide off and really hurt your crotch on the crossbar of the bike. Sorry, don't think I can enjoy my bike ride if I am worrying about sliding off and hurting my very private very tender area.

Why do I wake up at 6:30 am every single day despite the fact that I go to bed at 11 pm and it takes me at least 30 minutes to an hour to get to sleep, so I'm really going to bed around midnight? Is it just an sign that I am old and am going to be one of those people that are up with the chickens every day and then maybe have to start taking an afternoon nap because I'm not getting enough sleep at night because I wake up at 6:30 every day? Or do I just need less sleep because I am old?

No comments: