Monday, March 31, 2008

Tastes Like Chicken

We have a new sandwich shop around the corner from the house called Heidi's Brooklyn Deli. Well, I'm a sucker for sandwiches that I don't have to make myself so on Saturday we went over to have some lunch. I love chicken salad-especially chicken salad that I don't have to make myself cause mine just doesn't taste that good-so when I saw chicken salad on the menu, I was right there!
It was delicious, big chunks of white meat chicken with just the right amount of celery and mayo on an Italian hoagie type roll that they bake right there in the store. MMMMM....good!

So, whenever I find a new salad or sandwich that I really like I get cravings for it and just have to go back and get more! Either that or they put some drugs or something in there to get you hooked so you HAVE to come back for more. Either way, I was hooked.

So, today, I went over to get another chicken sandwich.

The place was even more crowded than it was on Saturday-remember Bakersfield may be a big city but it was built on the backs of down home country folk who get excited when the new Wal-mart opens, so a huge line in a new sandwich shop is not unusual. Either that or everyone hates to make their own food, like me.

I got my sandwich to go and came home looking forward to that yummy white meat chicken and soft but chewy and substantial italian bread. And then, I realized that it tasted funny. And the bread was a lot harder, you know, the kind of bread that cuts up the inside of your mouth. I looked inside my sandwich and realized that there was...shudder...DARK MEAT CHICKEN IN MY CHICKEN SALAD!!! AAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!

I can't STAND dark meat chicken!

I was so disappointed in my chicken salad sandwich. I search far and wide for a good chicken salad sandwich and just when I think I've found one....DARK MEAT!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Did you call and complain and ask why they are now using dark meat?? I can't even eat dark turkey meat...gross!!!

Lissa said...

I'm with you on that one! I hate dark meat! I pick it out when I see it.

Earmark Social said...

how disappointing... i am right there with you - no dark meat! it really does totally ruin chicken sandwiches! Luckily for me, my husband makes a kick ass chicken salad sandwich with nuts and apples and cranberries... YUM!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh hunney, that stinks! But, you've inspired me to try my hand at making a chicken salad sandwich of my own... never tried it... you can come over for lunch sometime, okay? hehee... ♥

P.S. I just added a new weekly Wednesday game to my blog, come see when you have the time!
:D