Thursday, December 20, 2007

What To Do Today

I haven't been working on anything for 2 days now and it's time to get back into my studio-I love saying that word, makes me feel like a real artist-and start something up.
I spent the last 2 days doing some major cleaning, I swept and mopped all the bare cement parts of the floors in an effort to get some of the dust and cat hair up, I sorted my studio and got some things together and took pictures for the supply shop, and I even washed the cat beds.
You can actually see the floor in our bedroom now, all of the boxes of carpet are gone and the boxes with all of the things that go into the cupboard in the living room are back in the living room waiting for Keith to patch the baseboards so we can shove the cupboard against the wall and fill it back up with all my cupboardy stuff.
I vacuumed the floor and then got out my little green machine carpet steamer and steam cleaned the carpet. I guess the vacuum didn't work that well because all of this cat hair was being pulled up out of the rug by the steamer. I had a huge handful of wet cat hair by the time I was done. The carpet looked a little better but not much, it's just so old and stained. We will be replacing it and even have boxes of carpet to do it, but I'm sure it will be quite a while before that gets done. I don't even want to think about repainting the bedroom, but it would make sense to do it before new carpet goes in.
So now my house is a little more liveable and after reading a forum post on etsy about ACEO's-artist cards-I'm inspired to do some little collages. I have a little old dictionary that I found at the antique store and I think I'll try some collages with dictionary words as the inspiration for each piece. Also, with Valentines coming up, I want to get more heart things into my shop.
So, time to get to work!

No comments: