Thursday, March 17, 2016

Making Baked Bacon or Bakin' Bacon

Who doesn't like bacon? It's delicious whether eaten just as it is all hot and crispy or in a BLT with lots of mayo, or maybe in a bacon and cheese omelet or crumbled up on top of a salad. Good eating even if it isn't all that good for you. It's low carb though!

I like bacon on occasion but really dislike cooking it. Standing over the stove, bacon grease splattering all over the place, turning it and being too impatient for the bacon to be done already. So, I never cook the stuff.

Until I discovered (thanks, google and assorted food bloggers) that you can just stick it in the oven and bake it.

So easy, the hardest part is peeling the bacon apart and finding your cookie sheet and rack.

Here is what you do:
Line the cookie sheet with foil, put the cookie cooling rack on top of the foil, put the bacon on the rack and bake it for about 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. If you are cooking a lot of pieces of bacon like I did maybe 5 minutes more, depending on how crisp you want it. Then just put it on some paper towels to soak the grease off and eat!

Before:

 After:

I had found some bacon a few weeks ago that was cinnamon sugar flavored which sounds weird but it was so good! I can't remember which store I got it at and have been browsing bacon sections everywhere I go ever since but haven't found it again. I will keep looking though!

The other day Keith was taking a nap on the couch and I walked in the living room to see this.
I guess Millie was hoping dad would wake up and play with her so she had her toy handy in case he did. The toy is a chicken with the obligatory squeaker inside it. She gnawed away at its little eyes until she tore them both off and proceeded to pull out all of the stuffing from inside its head. It's a little creepy now with a big gaping hole where its eyes used to be.

No comments: