Sunday, January 17, 2016

Where did the Focaccia Bread Come From?

Yesterday Millie spent most of her day napping with Keith. He had gotten in from a late shift sometime after I went to bed then woke me up with weird cooking smells coming from the kitchen about 2am. He was wanting to watch a DVD and couldn't figure out how to work the new DVD player that we had gotten along with our TV and that we really don't use since we have Netflix (yay!) now. I had to go get my glasses so I could see what I was doing and show him how to play his DVD and then went back to bed but couldn't get back to sleep.

I got back out of bed and was up until his movie was over with, trying to read my book and make myself sleepy enough to go back to bed. About 4am his movie was over with and we both went to bed. I woke up a little later than my usual time and Millie of course stayed in bed with Keith. She won't get up if he is in bed no matter what time of day it is. I did get her to come and eat her breakfast but then she went right back to bed with him.

He finally woke up in the early afternoon so Millie went outside for a bit and we were in the bedroom, me doing something on the computer while we were talking about whatever it was we were talking about. As I was coming out of the bedroom I see Millie in the front room laying on the floor by her little bed and as I wondered why she was laying by her bed and not in it I see something in her bed that at first looks like a toasted english muffin but was in fact part of a triangular piece of focaccia bread about 4" in size.

What the heck? We don't eat focaccia bread ever and even if we did she isn't tall enough to get into the trash where a piece of focaccia bread might be. Did we leave the gate open and she found it on the street? No, the gate was shut so she must have found it in our yard, but who's been eating focaccia bread in our back yard?

We finally figured out that someone next door may have tossed it over the fence for her, maybe to get her to shut her yapping when they were taking the trash out. She yaps the entire time the poor homeowners get anywhere near their trash cans, which are in their side yard right next to our side yard.

Needless to say I did not let her eat her focaccia bread.

Keith has been able to work yard jobs this past week but is fully expecting being bumped by someone with more seniority any minute now. We did find out that if he has to go on furlough the health insurance does stay in effect for 3 months, so that's a relief considering we have lots of appointments coming up and I still need to see someone about my digestive issues. The MRI showed nothing that would be causing it, no inflammation or diverticulitis, so next step is to make an appointment with a gastro doctor, which I'm going to put off until after I see my regular doctor in a couple of weeks.

We also found out that the railroad unemployment actually pays more than we thought, we kept hearing a figure of $500.00, which we thought was for 2 weeks, but actually for one, so he would get enough to at least keep the house payment and most of the bills paid. So, we should be able to squeak by. The company guys seem to think this slowdown is going to last for quite a while what with stock markets crashing and China doing whatever China is doing and oil prices down so low and election years and all that other stuff that makes economies go into slumps. You know something is really wrong when big companies like Walmart and Target start closing down stores.

1 comment:

DancingMooney said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad that Keith's unemployment is going to be enough to get by! You guys have been through so much these last few years. Hang in there hun, everything has a way of working itself out. xoxo