Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Gross Lunch

Lazy person that I am (and really really picky eater) half the time I don't eat a very good lunch. Or breakfast or dinner for that matter. I've been cooking food for the dog, like this morning some scrambled eggs, and that exhausts my cooking efforts for the day. Lunch for me yesterday was a small salad with just lettuce and purple cabbage and carrots and an Atkins shake and I was starving by 3pm. Breakfast is usually a Dannon light and fit yogurt, which is getting harder and harder to find, all anybody wants to sell these days are gross greek yogurts, and an Atkins bar. Dinner was some chicken stir fry that was edible, but nothing to write home about.

Today I had to drop off a movie at the Red Box (Tammy) which was an okay movie but also nothing to write home about. We did watch St. Vincent a few weeks ago which was really good, I highly recommend it. Anyway, the Red Box is in the shopping center where Quiznos is and I thought I'd get something there for lunch even if it was a sandwich on forbidden bread.

Their salad menu looked good and I chose the Harvest Chicken salad, which comes with chicken, apples, dried cranberries, cucumber, tomato, pumpkin seeds and croutons if you want and then some Acai dressing which I didn't know what it was but it tastes of raspberries. Sounds delicious, right?

Wrong. The lettuce is dried out and tired looking, the chicken is that weird stuff they put on sandwiches in places like Quiznos and Subway, the chicken that you wonder about. Is it real chicken or frozen reformed chicken? It does not taste like chicken that I would cook at home. The few apple pieces are good and the dressing is good, as are the cranberries and pumpkin seeds, but dang, am I glad I ordered the small and only wasted $4.00 on this. Not good and it serves me right for being too lazy to make my own lunch, and no wonder Quiznos has been having $$$ issues the past few years. Yuck.

I do think I will make my own Harvest Chicken salad, though, maybe even for dinner tonight even if it means a trip to the store for apples, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries. Oh, and the raspberry tasting dressing, too, that was actually good.

No comments: