Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It's A Good Thing

That Millie doesn't tinkle when she gets excited like a lot of dogs do. Otherwise there would have been tinkle all over the house when Keith got home yesterday. She gets SO happy when he walks in the door and jumps all over him, runs around the house like a maniac, grabs her toys and shakes them, then runs around some more and then jumps on him some more. He played with her for a while and then took her for a walk, me still not feeling well from my cold and with no energy to go out walking. Then, they were both tired so onto the couch for a nap.

She was laying next to him with her head hanging off the couch, which didn't look all that comfortable to me, so I tried to rearrange her body just a bit.
I got a book on chihuahuas and how to train them (which sounds like a whole lot of work) but it was interesting to read about their temperament and learn a little more about our little doggy. She is not all chihuahua, having that dachshund mom or dad in there, but I figured part chihuahua means chihuahua traits and the book might be helpful. It came with a training video that I haven't watched yet but will soon. Chihuahuas are small but fearless so you really have to keep an eye on them when they are out where dangers might lurk, like other bigger dogs. You also have to watch that you don't step on them, which has happened a few times already, me and Keith both having stepped on her paws. Yelp! They are very playful and energetic (no kidding!) and very protective of their people.


No comments: