Monday, September 9, 2013

Home Alone Again

Keith took off yesterday afternoon to go to Fresno for the week where they are having classes each day in test preparation and then taking the rules test on Friday. I think he has finally (hopefully) gotten his head out of his you know where and realizes that this job is kind of his last hope. Yes, he could go back to doing whatever and not getting paid very well for it, but employers are going to look at someone who left one job after a few months to go to another and then left that one because it was just too much for him and then think he's some kind of royal flake and won't hire him. Plus there is the whole age thing, it's really hard to get a job once you are past 50. Well, you might be able to get a door greeter job at Walmart, but that's about it. So, after more soul searching and anxiety, I think he is in the right frame of mind to buckle down and pass the test this week. At least I hope so.

So, keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well this week and he will be a certified railroad conductor by next week.

So, the s'mores flavored candy corn was just not very good. SO disappointing. They also gave me a stomach ache so I threw the bag away. I guess my senior citizen stomach just can't handle pure sugar anymore.

Yesterday one of Keith's many pieces of paper (he is so disorganized with all his paperwork) was on the end table by the couch and the fan blew it off onto the floor. Not two seconds later Mimi was seated upon the piece of paper.

I was kind of looking forward to a week of alone time, Keith's issues with anxiety kind of getting on my last nerve, but last night going to bed with no one else in the house did feel rather strange. I do like the idea of not having to plan meals for the week, but really I still have to fix stuff for myself, so...not that much of a vacation after all.

I'm working on gift tags and holiday stuff for the shop, not that sales are going through the roof or anything, it's basically just a hobby now, a hobby that costs more than I actually make, but until I find another hobby or whatever, it gives me something enjoyable to do. There's only so much cat poop scooping I can do in a day, after all!

1 comment:

DancingMooney said...

Best of luck to Keith this week, and it's never too early to start adding xmas stuff to your shop. Enjoy your week of easy meals. xo! :)