Saturday, July 20, 2013

Just Waiting

For Keith to get home from work. It's very strange this week with him going off to work as I'm going to bed, and then him coming home mid morning. Yesterday he stayed up pretty late, not going to bed until mid afternoon and then sleeping pretty well until about 9:30, just in time to get up and have something to eat and then off to work again. I had found this drink at Vons that is supposed to help you sleep, kind of like a sleep gatorade, with melatonin and magnesium and something else in it that I don't know what it is, so he tried that yesterday and it really did help him sleep. I also turned on the fan that makes a sort of sleep helping white noise for him and he put on a sleep mask that I had from back in the days when I had to sleep during the day. I peeked in on him a few times throughout the afternoon and he seemed to be sleeping soundly, with Pepper in the corner of the bedroom guarding him and Buddy laying next to him.

I'm also waiting for the sun to come up more to where it shines in the window enough so that I can take product photos for my shop. I had a bright idea to make cupcake and cake toppers with the images that I use for my pins and magnets. Either it's a bright idea or another waste of time but they are fun to make and we'll see how well they do in the shop. I had to buy a cake and cupcakes so that I can take those photos, though, because things sell much better when they are staged properly. I suppose I could have just made cupcakes and cakes, but we know how that goes, my kitchen skills are definitely lacking and seem to be getting worse by the day.

I keep buying those cooking magazines, though, because the pictures are so appetizing and there is always hope that maybe I'll cook something and it will come out okay. Hope springs eternal, right?

I made some macaroni and cheese from one of those magazine recipes the other night, and how do you screw up macaroni and cheese? Is it me or is it the recipe, because after attempting to eat it, in the trash it went.

Last night I tried a salad recipe from one of Yahoo's recipe stories, and it sounded simple enough, shredded rotisserie chicken, lettuce, corn, pinto beans, cilantro, and a dressing made with fresh lime juice, sour cream, and honey. Well, first off rotisserie chicken is kind of gross, just too slimy tasting for in a salad as far as I'm concerned, and the damn thing cost $7.99, and then the dressing tasted like, you guessed it, lime juice, and lime juice just does not taste good on a salad. So, I wasted quite a few dollars on all the ingredients for that and maybe I should have just gone to McDonalds and gotten a hamburger for dinner.

Anyway...

I'm also already hot and sweaty this morning after doing some house cleaning and I'm ready for a shower. And for summer to end.

No comments: