Monday, September 24, 2012

The Most Exciting Thing This Weekend!

Apparently it doesn't take much to get me excited. The Borings strike again.

Our weekend was just like most weekends around here, a few errands and some laundry and some cleaning and fun stuff like that. I had gone to Foods Co early on Sunday morning to pick up a few groceries and then stopped by Target to see if they had Keith's acid reflux meds ready because he said he was out of them and the old bottle of pills that he showed me had a fill date of the 19th of last month on them so I assumed that we just hadn't gotten the call that the auto refill was ready. So, I go into Target and ask about the pills and she looks them up and they were filled on the 5th and won't be filled again until the end of the month. And when I get back home and ask Keith about it he finds the recently filled bottle and that was kind of annoying because he really needs to start keeping track of his own meds instead of leaving it up to me. If I didn't call and make his appointments and make sure we both go to the dentist and pick up meds then he wouldn't have seen a doctor or gotten his teeth cleaned probably since we've been married.

It's the little things like that, right? That and the dirty socks left in the middle of the living room floor.

Anyway, I thought my errands were done for the weekend and then later in the day Bear is giving me the feed me I'm hungry look and what the hell are you doing lady there are hungry cats here look, so I go to get a can of cat food for them. Only there are no cans of cat food because I forgot that we needed more cans of cat food and I was just at Target a few hours ago.

I give all the cats some dry food and Buddy gives me a what the hell look and where is my canned cat food?

It was HOT yesterday, despite it being the second day of fall, with our high at 101, and I didn't feel like riding the bike over to Target or Walmart to get cat food because it was so HOT and the thought of driving through either parking lot on a Sunday afternoon when everyone else in the world is also driving through the parking lots at Target and Walmart was just not something I wanted to do, so I figured I'd go in the opposite direction and go to Save Mart for the cat food.

And, after getting into the car that had been baking in the sun all day I realized I probably should have just ridden the bike because it would have been cooler than the hot car.

So, I drive up to Save Mart and as I'm pulling into the parking lot I see that the abandoned Dewar's Ice Cream Parlor has some chairs in their patio and some signs on the windows and I'm wondering who is moving into the building. Dewar's built a brand new and improved ice cream parlor a while back and so the old parlor had been empty for quite a few months.

As I drive by my heart starts racing because the signs say JUICY BURGER!!! A Juicy Burger is coming to our end of town!

Now, when the most exciting thing all weekend is the thought of not having to drive all the way to the other end of town for a JUICY BURGER then you know that your weekends are indeed incredibly BORING.

But, Juicy Burger is the best burger place I've ever been to and having one close enough to ride the bikes to is EXCITING!

What is Juicy Burger? Only a place where you feel like you have gone back in time to the 50's when you got a really good burger for your hard earned dollars, a burger that is cooked to order and you choose whatever you want on it. The kids behind the counter wear those paper hats and the walls have retro metal signs on them and the decor is red and white and they play 50's rock and roll which is kind of annoying and I'm sure the kids working there hate it. The fries are made from real potatoes that they slice right there with a special french fry making thing, and they also have an ice cream parlor with Dreyers ice cream. The last time we went to Juicy Burger Keith got a banana milkshake and while I'm not big on milkshakes that aren't chocolate, it was a really good shake. However, I did learn that you need to tell them to cook your burger well done because mine was definitely not cooked all the way through. Gross!

If you aren't big on burgers, they also have grilled chicken sandwiches and if you are on a low carb deal, you can get your burger wrapped in lettuce instead of on a bun.

It is not healthy food by any means, but when you are craving a hamburger and fries (and maybe even a shake along with it) Juicy Burger is the place to go.

And now we won't have to drive all the way across town to get one.

No comments: