Thursday, August 23, 2012

Feeling Better

Not quite so dizzy today. I went to Target first looking for seasick pills and all they had was Dramamine which puts you right to sleep even if you get the 'less drowsy' version. They don't make a drowsy free Dramamine and I really don't want to feel dizzy AND drowsy, so let's go see what CVS has. The best seasick pills are meclizine, which seems to be hard to find, so I settled for Bonine which I don't think knocks you out like Dramamine does. But while searching for the Bonine and only finding it after asking a sales clerk where it was, I found a homeopathic vertigo treatment, and while very expensive, figured it was worth a try.

It's called DiVertigo and rather than claiming to cure seasickness it says For Vertigo Symptoms on the label. You put drops of it behind your ears. Sounds all crunchy granola and let's sing Kumbaya and eat vegan brownies, but you know what? It works. It's a mixture of Lavender, Peppermint, Ylang Ylang, Frankincense, Chamomile, and Myrrh. So, you smell like a hippie while eating your vegan brownies, but IT WORKS.

You are supposed to put it on every two hours for the first 3 days and then after that as needed.

We went to the gut doctor for Keith's follow up appointment yesterday afternoon and what a huge waste of time that was. We were there for well over an hour, with only actually seeing the doctor for maybe 5 minutes to be told that everything is fine and come back in 3 years. We already knew everything was fine because he told us after the colonoscopy was over with. But that's how doctors do things I guess, plus that means they can bill for another office visit at $150 or so.

I had to go buy a decent pair of pants last night. I had applied online at Michaels a week or so ago, and then figured I'd never hear from them so kind of forgot about it. Then whaddya know, I get a phone call yesterday to come in for an interview this morning. With Keith's job up in the air and who knows if he'll still have one in a few months, I thought I'd better see about getting some sort of part time work to at least pay the car payment. I've tried Target numerous times over the past 6 years, along with Walmart and have never heard back from them except for a 'no thanks' from Target. Not that I really want to go back to work, but around here retail is about all there is, and Michaels would be more fun that working at Target or Walmart and I need something close enough to home to walk or bike to.

But I have no pants other than jeans and ratty capris, so I found a pair of black jeans and those will just have to do. I also got a pair of cheap black sneaker type shoes since all I have in shoes are a pair of crocs and a pair of ugg boots. The sneaker type shoes feel horrible when I put them on after living in oh so comfy crocs, but I guess I can suffer long enough to get over to Michaels this morning.

If I do get a job I will order the work shoe crocs off of their website, they look perfect for an on your feet all day type of job.

So, wish me luck even if I really don't care if I get this job or not because to be perfectly honest I really don't want to go back to a get yourself out of the house at a certain time and be on your feet for hours and hours type of job.

No comments: