Friday, June 29, 2012

Nothing Tastes As Good As It Used To

Is it something about getting older or do your taste buds deteriorate over time? I've noticed lately that food just doesn't taste as good as it used to, which is probably a good thing because then I don't eat as much. But it's a bad thing when you spend money on a meal out that you remembered as being absolutely delicious and it's not anymore. And you feel like you've totally wasted a bunch of money because you could have stayed home and eaten not so great tasting food.

Like when we were up in Tehachapi and ate lunch at the Apple Shed. I used to want to go to Tehachapi just for their chicken salad sandwiches but this last time it just didn't taste as good as I remembered. I don't think they changed the recipe, because chicken salad is chicken salad after all, just some chicken, mayo, and celery.

Then today Keith was off work because of a doctor's appointment this morning and since I had to go to the post office anyway, we decided to stop by Togo's and get lunch. I remembered their chicken salad fondly, the addition of almonds in the salad made it taste extra good, but today it just didn't taste right.

The worst part is that even ice cream doesn't taste right. I repeat. EVEN ICE CREAM DOESN'T TASTE RIGHT! OH THE HORROR!

You'd think I'd be losing weight by not eating as much and food not tasting good, but of course not. Sigh.

No comments: