Friday, February 3, 2012

Sometimes

I won't shop at Walmart because there are people out front with petitions they want signed.

Today I managed to avoid the one with an entire table set up on the sidewalk by riding my bike in kind of a big circle around him and most importantly, NOT MAKING EYE CONTACT! Because that's how they get you.

Many times I've thought of answering them in a foreign language except I'd have to make up the foreign language since about all I know is a little Spanish from 7th grade Spanish class. Hola, Paco, como estas? My bien, y tu? Muy bien, pero Luisa tiene cataro.

That's the sum total of my Spanish unless you count enchilada, burrito, and taco, and maybe donde es los banos.

Anyway, they annoy me. Yes, I should get more involved and sign some of these petitions and then vote on them when they come up for ballot, but the fact that these people are paid per signature really irritates me. Then there was the time that one of them asked Keith if they agreed with whatever it was they wanted signed and Keith said in his usual salty way (his dad was a sailor in World War Two and taught him every cuss word ever invented) F**K NO!

That shut the guy up pretty quick.

Anyway, it's the little things in life that seem to annoy the most.

I much prefer shopping at Target, for so many obvious reasons, but the biggest reason is that they don't allow ANY ZIP NONE NADA (ooh, there's another Spanish word I know!) solicitation in front of their store. Plus it smells better and is cleaner and is not so noisy.

1 comment:

DancingMooney said...

I don't shop at Walmart either. Well, maybe once or twice a year I go in there for their generic Claritin because it works for me, and you can't beat the price, and as far as I'm concerned, if I can find affordable health care at Walmart, well I guess I'm gonna save my pennies on allergy medicine and buy it at walmart... but other than that, we never go there. I don't like being bothered when I'm out and about either... sheesh! ;)