Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dreaming of Trash Cans

First off and so my post makes sense (somewhat, anyway) we have one of those big plastic bin trash cans that are on wheels and have a handle to pull them to the curb with. When you pull the trash can to the curb it is very noisy and the cats all freak out, much like when the trash truck comes down the street, because the trash can rolling over the ground and pavement sounds a lot like thunder. Not that the cats know what thunder is because we don't normally have thunder around here. Much less lightning.

So, in the middle of the night, I am having a dream that people are rolling trash cans around and it's very noisy and then something in my dream is biting my foot, but it's Keith grabbing my foot trying to wake me up. And he is standing by our open bedroom window saying look at this! And I'm like what the hell are you waking me up for and what am I supposed to be looking at outside the window? And then a bright flash fills up the room and it's thundering and no wonder I was dreaming about trash cans because it's been thundering and lightning-ing for about an hour now. And it's 4:30 am and Keith has been up since 3:30 outside watching the lightning.

I get up to go outside and look and then it starts raining a little bit and the storm is moving off to the west so I'm going to go back to bed because it's really early and I'm really tired, but I lay in bed for about 30 minutes and can't go back to sleep. I get up, still grumbling about being woken up so early, and grab some coffee, feed the cats, clean the catbox, and now I'm absolutely starving which is odd because I don't usually wake up hungry. Keith is starving too and there is not much to eat in the house so we go over to Denny's for some greasy breakfast. It's not even light yet and I'm kind of surprised at how many people are already eating breakfast at Denny's but I'm thinking some of them may have just been up all night. Like our waiter, who was almost painfully cheerful at 6am.

So, we got a tiny bit of rain and some exciting sounds and sights, it's probably been at least 5 years since we've had a thunder storm here in the valley. I'm very tired, though, and Keith is already napping.

No comments: