Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kind of Like the Time I Vacuumed the Yard

I decided to do a little dusting and cleaning today. Well, hopefully a lot of dusting and cleaning today, but we'll see how that goes. I got out my trusty swiffer duster and thought I could get one last dust out of it before I tossed the old duster sheet thing and put a fresh one on the duster sheet thing holder.

While dusting the ceiling fan blades, something that hardly ever gets done because how often do you look up while wandering around the house, I remembered that I had seen lots and lots of cobwebs on some of the outdoor wind chimes and yard decorations and hey, why not dust them off with the duster sheet thing before I tossed it in the trash?

You feel pretty silly outside dusting your yard things. But not as silly as the time that I vacuumed the yard.

When Jennifer was a little girl, 4 or 5, she had this huge stuffed bear or some other huge stuffed animal that was filled with those tiny little styrofoam pellets. One day she is out playing in the yard and I hear her shouting IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING!, so of course I look out to see what's going on because I'm pretty sure it's not SNOWING outside, and here she is pulling handfuls of these tiny little pellets out of the stuffed bear or whatever animal it was and gleefully tossing them in the air.

Well, the yard was pretty well covered in tiny white styrofoam pellets, and yes, it did look like SNOW!, but how to clean all this up?

Vacuum cleaner to the rescue, and let me tell you, vacuuming your yard does make you feel rather silly.

No comments: