Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nothing Much

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do today. I do have a load of laundry in the washer, but only because I realized that I was putting on my last clean bra this morning. I really do need to buy a few more bras. And some new underwear. But that's beside the point.

I did notice that it's time to clean the stove again. I am very lazy when it comes to cleaning the stove on a daily basis and just give the top of it a quick wipe but don't bother to pick up the burners and wipe underneath them. So, the stove gets pretty dirty pretty quickly and then it's time to really clean it all. Maybe I'll put all the parts in the dishwasher instead of the sink and just run the dishwasher. Sounds like a plan.

I did mow the yard yesterday and vacuumed the house, but didn't do the bathrooms, so I guess I should do that today.

I haven't been in the mood to list in my shops since sales are so slow, but I did make a couple of collage picture frames yesterday so I could take some pictures today and put them in the shop. And maybe get a couple more of the blank frames and collage some more.

We had been wondering what was going on with Keith's mom's estate and the house being willed to James but since she had a reverse mortgage, the bank is going to take the house back, and did she actually have any insurance policies like she said she did. Keith's brother Bruce, who is the executor, did find a stack of insurance policies but every single one of them was an accidental death policy. Apparently some slick (scumbag) insurance agent sold her these policies and she dutifully paid on them year after year thinking that her grandchildren would all get a little money when she died. But, they did find one that is actually good, with James as the beneficiary. He had always been told by his grandma there was a policy for him and it turns out to be true. I'm sure the rest of the family thinks he coerced her into it or something, but as far as we are concerned, James is the one who was there helping her for the past few years and if anyone deserves a fresh start with some cash in hand, it's him. Hopefully, this will give him the means to finally figure out what he wants to do with himself. He is talking about going to culinary school and now he will have the tuition money.

Now it's time to go clean the cat boxes. And maybe the bathroom, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, someday if you decide to get a new stove, get a glass top. They are so easy to keep clean... I've used gas and electric, and I am in love with my glass top stove, it cooks wonderfully. That's too bad that there isn't a good insurance policy for Keith from his mom, since I know you could use the money about now, but that's got to make you furious {or it would me} about the accidental death policies that she paid into all those years, oy! grr.