Thursday, March 10, 2011

Whew Glad That's Over With!

We went and got our taxes done yesterday afternoon, a day that I dread for weeks and weeks before hand because it's usually bad bad news. Somehow, though, and don't ask me how, we don't have to pay this year and actually are getting a small refund. From both the state and the feds. I went in there with the attitude that if we had to pay less than $3000 I'd be happy, and here we are getting some money back so needless to say I was ecstatic!

Part of what helped I think is that we set it up to have an extra $25 a paycheck withheld in taxes which is such a small amount that you don't really miss, but it adds up over the year and we are really really glad we made that decision.

So, moving along with our minds eased now and we still have money in the bank to get us through any emergencies and the month or so until Keith's new paychecks start coming in.

Guess what I did the other day? Again. Fell off my bike. Not while I was riding it, but while I was waiting for the light to change so I could cross the street. I had ridden up to the light pole and punched the button for pedestrians and then was trying to straighten out the bike to go across the street and something went wrong and down I went. I scraped some skin off my arm and wrenched my wrist some, but other than that no major injuries, just a general feeling of embarrassment and extreme clumsiness. Yes, I am definitely getting that tricycle very very soon. It seems obvious that I need an old lady bike now.

Poor Harri was traumatized last night after both Lucy and Buddy went crazy nutso and started chasing her around the house at warp speed. She hid under our bed and didn't come out until about 3 am when she crawled up in the bed with us, waking me up of course. She is still a little freaked out today and now will be even more paranoid than she already was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so glad to catch up and read that Keith got the new job... and I hope you didn't hurt yourself too bad... I hate bikes. Okay, well I don't mind the act of riding bikes, but I hate riding them in town, which means I pretty much don't ride a bike... I just walk. But I have thought it would be fun to have a three wheeled bike with a basked {and two wheels} in the back, so I could run my packages to the post office that way, but then... I don't like riding bikes in traffic... so yah.

;)

Anonymous said...

basket... not basked.

I can't type.