Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's Already Wednesday?

I haven't blogged yet this week, not that anyone really cares, ha ha, but I'm kind of off my regular schedule and haven't really had anything to blog about anyway.

So, what's new?

I've been getting up a little earlier so that I can get out for a bike ride sort of first thing in the morning before it gets too hot here. My usual routine was to sit at the computer for a few minutes (hours) drinking my coffee, doing my blog, reading other blogs, looking at silly and/or cute animal pictures and then finally getting some cat box cleaning done or whatever else needs to be done. But with the bike riding early thing I'm just all messed up and out of whack. But it's a good out of whack and while I get home totally drenched with sweat it is a rather pleasant way to start the day. That and coffee, of course.

We thought we had figured out what was making our cats extra vomity lately. Last time at the vet's they had a basket in the exam room that was full of sample packets of cat treats, and our cats LOVE cat treats so Keith says to grab a whole bunch of them and stuff them in my purse. So I did. And we gave them some the other night and an hour or two later not one cat but two had vomited them back up again. So we're thinking that this particular brand of cat treats doesn't agree with our cat's tummies. But this morning I wake up to huge amounts of vomit in the spare bedroom so I don't know what's up with these kids.

And it was a good thing that I didn't steam clean the carpet in there yesterday like I had planned. I did steam clean the living room carpet because of all the vomiting lately and was going to do the other rooms but ran out of vinegar. Vinegar? What's that got to do with steam cleaning carpets? Well, I had run out of the special expensive steam cleaning shampoo stuff so went online to look for homemade alternatives and one recipe was to use 1 cup of white vinegar in the dispenser thing and fill the rest up with hot water. And it works. Like really well works. But I used up all the vinegar on the living room. Which was a good thing considering the copious amounts of vomit that I will steam clean up today.

And that's about it.

No comments: