Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Got My First Ever

Negative feedback on Etsy, that is. And you know what? I'm not really all that bothered by it. After four years getting one negative is not the end of the world. I had sold one of the domino pendants and apparently the ink or dye used to color the wood black can rub off on your clothes. Because while the buyer liked the pendant it stained her shirt and it won't come out so she left me a negative, which I probably would have too if I bought a necklace that stained my shirt. Not that you'd probably notice on one of my shirts since most of them are already stained.

So, anyway, if you've bought a domino pendant beware of possible staining issues. Take some clear nail polish or varnish or what have you and seal up the back of the domino. I'm going to have to do that with all the ones that I have in the shop and just hope that nobody else ends up with black marks on their clothes.

I think I'm going to put a bunch of stuff on sale in the shop today and clean out all the old stock to make room for new. I was working on the new glass tile pendants but didn't like the way they came out when I did them as soldered pendants. So I thought I'd just do the plain picture ones like so many other sellers do and seem to sell but those were kind of blah, so...I added a little bit of beaded wire to them, sealing up the backs with glaze so that the wire is kind of glued on and won't be going anywhere (or leaving any marks on clothes). We'll see how these do. I also added some wire to some of the wood pendants for a little extra sparkle. I'm kind of running out of ideas that don't cost a lot of money in supplies, which I don't have to be spending since things are so slow.

Glass tiles:


Wood:



I had forgotten how very tiny the little glass beads are since I think the last time I did anything with tiny beads was like in 1969 or so when we would string them in very long strands to make hippie 'love' bead necklaces. I had a hard time finding the little holes in the beads with my wire and of course spilled a bunch all over the floor.

Anyway.

Yesterday I steam cleaned the bedroom carpet which is so old and stained that it doesn't make a whole lot of difference in looks, but does pull up a lot of cat hair that the vacuum cleaner doesn't get. It's really disgusting, all these wet globs of cat hair that the brush on the steam cleaner pulls up, wet globs of cat hair that I have to pick up off the floor (with my bare hands) and pull out of the steam cleaner.

I put a bunch of stuff on the bed before steam cleaning, including their new cat bed (coffee pot box) and my shoes, and later on look over to see Lucy attempting to use her new cat bed, having to bend herself around my shoes to do so.


I'm still wondering how she got in there with the shoes in the way.

2 comments:

Broken China Treasures said...

You're handling your negative feedback really well! I'll probably hide in a hole for a week since I can't stand criticism.

Love your new pendants. What a creative twist with the wire and it really dresses them up!

PussDaddy said...

Well it is inevitable and like you said not the end of the world and you seem to understand why it happened and accept it.

I do like the beaded wire on the new pendants.


My carpet is old too but it is not my house and I'll be damned if I am going to buy new carpet for a house I may end up moving out of at a moments notice. I just tell myself that when I move I won't have to see the carpet again.

*waves to Lucy*

PussDaddy