Friday, November 13, 2009

New Stuff

I keep trying to come across that one thing that will be my next big best seller-ha ha.

So, this week I've been working on decoupaged wood pendants, easy to make although lots of steps what with painting the wood, cutting out the paper, decoupaging it onto the wood (have to watch the paint dry first), then sealing the wood and paper with mod podge.

I had made a few with just jump rings to hang them with then searched Michaels for something that looks a little classier and came across these pinch bail things that do look much better than a cheap old jumpring. At least I hope they look better.

It has been fun making them so even if they don't sell like hotcakes, at least it's given me something other than cleaning up cat boxes and vacuuming up cat hair to do. Plus I didn't have to go out and spend a bunch of money on supplies, I already had some of the wood, the papers, the mod podge, the paint, and the ball chains.

So, here's what they look like and we'll see if they go over or not. They are budget priced, so maybe that will help if someone is looking for little gifts or stocking stuffers that don't break the bank!

Tropical Ferns


Tiny Kokeshi Doll-this one looks big but is actually small at only about 1" across.


Butterfly-this one's cut from a vintage kids book.


I found the most gorgeous collage sheets on etsy the other day, the ferns and this one came from the sheets that I got.


And this one is a little bit naughty of a mermaid.

No comments: