Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Guess

I have a very juvenile sense of humor because these two pictures of unfortunate ad errors from Criggo had me rolling.

And, on to another subject.

I had a bad day yesterday, with not much getting accomplished and generally not feeling very energetic, but today I managed to get my self up and going early instead of sitting at the computer messing around. Vacuumed, scrubbed the bathroom floor on my hands and knees, did some laundry, made some granola bars, and even walked over to walmart. All before 10am. Then I took a shower and chopped off my hair, which was really getting on my nerves. My hair is straight but not straight and always looks like a big triangle, with flat on top and wide at the bottom. Hence, it's always in a ponytail or bun. I hate going to get my hair cut and only do that maybe once every three years or so. I tend to just get sick of it and chop it off myself. So, today, I chopped. I did a layered trick that I learned back when layers were in style, where you put your head upside down and brush all the hair to the front in a ponytail and then chop off the ponytail, making layers. After you chop off the ponytail, you still have to trim some of the longer pieces off, but it didn't come out too horrible, and doesn't look quite as much like a triangle.
I think I will cut some more layers up a little higher later so the top will curl or whatever the heck it seems to be doing. I'm not one for blow drying, straightening, spraying, or any of that mess, just wash it and let it dry by itself.

Yes, that's gray up there on top, but you know what? I don't care anymore! And since I quit the stress of walmart it's not getting as gray as fast.

2 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Donna did that to my hair once...
I go to the hair salon about as often as you do. I did dye my roots yesterday though...
You make your own granola bars? Good for you.
Just don't wipe your butt with a corn cob though!
And luckily I use one of those menstrual cups instead of brillo pads. TOO FUNNY!!

Anonymous said...

Woman, you crack me up! And we have the same thick wavy hair too... and I hate all that blowing, straightening, putting in the goop and all of that... ha!

;)