Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's Caturday!


I've been trying to think of ways to make this blog a little more cohesive instead of just random posts about whatever. You know, how some bloggers have themes for each day? Well, I'm not quite that organized, but I was thinking that Saturdays could be Caturdays! How festive, right?

So, in honor of this very first Caturday, here's Bear hiding under the bed. You can't see me right?


Hello, Bear!


And, look, Lucy's under there too!


And on this special Caturday you also get a bonus lolcat! Yay!


I also wanted to share something new that I'm working on. I was so very uninspired this week but happened to pick up a craft magazine that I almost put in the yard sale stuff but had saved for reasons unknown. I was flipping through it, wondering why I had saved it, when I came across an idea for little collage shadowboxes made with the cardboard jewelry boxes of which I have tons of. I had been trying to think of ways to use the larger pictures in my vintage kids books and what do you know, they'd be perfect for shadowboxes and I have stacks and stacks of the larger necklace size boxes that I'm not using.

So, this is what I came up with. This one is in the big 5x7 size box.


And this one is in the little 2x3 box.


These were fun to make and I'm so glad I didn't get rid of my small stash of vintage buttons! I'm hoping that these might sell since I just went and bought a bunch of ribbon and trims for them. I checked on etsy and nobody has quite the same type of thing, so we'll see how they do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea!

I find collage art to be relaxing and fun. I need to do more of it. And I had to giggle when you mentioned the stacks of magazines you've saved.

I started pulling out pages of magazines when I find something I want to save... folding the pages up and sticking them inside sleeves of photo albums.

That way I can get rid of the clutter, but keep the good stuff. And I can see what each thing is, inside the photo pockets really easily.

Photo albums from the dollar store almost always have those little pocket sleeves in them...

;)