Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The War Continues

A while back I wrote a post about the scrabble tile pendant wars on Etsy. I'd do the linky thing to the post but I'm too lazy to figure out how to do that, so...

I was curious to see how many scrabble tile pendants are currently for sale on etsy (5964 as of this writing, and probably 100 more in the last five minutes) because it seems like everybody has jumped on the old scrabble tile pendant bandwagon thinking they are going to sell hundreds of pendants. Well, some sellers have sold hundreds if not thousands, but the price on the pendants, which were up around $12.00 have now dropped to an average of $5.00 and one seller has them for $3.00. Not to mention the buy 2 get 1 free offers in a lot of shops.

$3.00 for a scrabble tile pendant? Why would you even bother making them for a lousy $3.00?

I did find one seller who has a unique take on the scrabble tile mania with this brooch:

And there are a few scrabble tile pendants with images that are a little unusual:
I like the kitty one of course:
It just seems to me that if you have to price your pendants at $3.00 to sell them, then the scrabble tile mania is coming to an end. It's just way too overdone. Kind of sad, because the idea behind them is a good one.

1 comment:

woolies said...

boy, do I ever agree with you! Luckily I've done quite a bit of wholesale and consignment with my scrabble tile pendants, but now am starting to branch out....
I saw that $3.00 the other day. WOW.