Thursday, May 8, 2008

Blahness

I has it.
Not real bad, just that general blah don't feel like doing anything except maybe eating some chocolate kind of feeling. Maybe it's the air here in Bakersfield, this is a kind of depressing place to live.
Lucy helped a little while ago. She is the only kitty that will come up to you and put her little paws on your leg letting you know she needs some petting time and actually let you hold her for a while. All the rest of them love to be petted but hate to be held. Mimi only wants to get up on your shoulder-my back is covered with little scratches from her doing that. So, Lucy let me hold her and pet her soft fur for a few minutes before she'd had enough and wanted to get down.

I was reading the saddest blog today. A man lost his wife the day after their baby was born due to a pulmonary embolism. She had been on bed rest for weeks and they finally had to do a c-section, the baby was premature and very tiny, and the wife was going to go see the baby for the first time since the birth and felt kind of dizzy and then just died. The blog is about how he is coping as a widower with a tiny tiny baby. Here is the site if you would like to read it but be warned that you will sit there and cry the entire time, it's just so sad.
http://www.mattlogelin.com/

Tomorrow I will try to have a happier post.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

That is the saddest blog I have read in a long time. I'm at work trying not to cry my eyes out!

Poor Matt, little baby Madeline is gorgeous though.

Jennifer said...

How sad!!!