Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Internet Assholes

Is it the relative anonymity of the internet that brings out the worst in people? I don't usually let it bother me, but sometimes on the etsy forums, which in and of themselves can be a hotbed of drama, people turn into bona fide assholes.
I try not to spend a lot of time there, but while I'm loading pictures into my etsy shop or bored or whatever, I'll venture into the forums to see what's going on. And, yes, sometimes I'm looking for a little excitement and a chance to play voyeur for a little while.
The forum police-we all know who they are, the ones that will jump immediately into a thread and make sure that you know you are posting in the wrong thread or breaking some other etsy rule. Sure, organized forums are nice and all, but do you really think that it's going to go on someone's gravestone: Etsy forum rule breaker-may they burn forever in the flames of hell?
It's just a forum folks, it's just not that important in the greater scheme of things!

And then every day there is a thread about 'why is it spam to notify people they are in my treasury?'
Because it just is! When you make a treasury and tell someone 'look I put you in my treasury' isn't that basically saying-hey look at me and how nice I am to put you in my treasury. You owe me a million thanks and maybe even a purchase from my shop because I'm so nice to include you in my treasury!
And then there are all the responses about how I'd really like to know if I'm in a treasury because it just takes too long to look through the treasuries to see if I'm in one and I never look in the treasuries because they're kind of boring. Well, then why do you give a flying f$%k whether or not you are in a treasury since they're boring and take too long to look at anyway?!??!! Obviously nobody's looking at them anyway because it takes too freaking long!!

And my personal favorites are the people who look at the forums as a way to feel that they are popular and everybody likes them. They'll start a thread that really has no meaning and shouldn't require any responses and then the thread goes on for pages and pages with equally meaningless responses just because the responders want to be considered popular too.

And then there are the ones who like to argue about whatever the topic is and will go on for pages arguing their point over and over. Like the never ending threads about walmart and how walmart will be the downfall of modern society as we know it. They exploit their workers and drive mom and pops out of business and eat kittens for breakfast and pollute the entire planet and if you shop at walmart you should burn in the fiery pits of hell forever and yes, I do think that should go on your gravestone.

Nuff said about the etsy forums, I'm going to try and steer clear of them for a while, because you know what? They're just not that important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh hunney. You should be the forum police. Heheee... that's all I have to say 'bout that!